Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pre-experimental Trial!

After planning the experiment, I prepared a trial set up to test if my setting would work for the actual experiment. I used a small food container half filled with dirt, along with a pair of egg container for a shadowed area. In order for the dirt to be moist, I poured 300mL of water but after a while, the egg container softens and is soaked with water. Too wet, opps! For next week, Mr. Calos will bring in more of the same materials so I can set up for my real experiment. Meanwhile, I have to wait until the test box dries so I can put in two bugs from the colony tank. Also, my meeting time changed to Thursday due to a different spring semester schedule. I will work independently on the experiment every Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. It is always so exciting to finally start the experiment. I hope everything goes well for you! You mentioned that you started a pre-experiment. I think that is so interesting and, even though I never had one with my mushrooms, I have always found it useful. I usually get right into whatever I am experimenting with for the day, but it is nice to know that you have a lot of prepared work. Good luck with the experiment!

    ReplyDelete