Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cycle 2!

Start of cycle 2 on April 12th and 17th for #1,5 and #2-4,6-8 respectively. Following the plan of the experiment, this is also a week without any interferece on anything. As usual, continual spraying of 10-15 sprays per time to keep the area moist. One interesting thing is because of the moist, the left-over food has been covered with fungi, most likely molds. In #8, I found a mushroom on Tuesday; I was unable to take a picture of it but it looks a flower. It won't stay but I had to remove all the filter papers for the food area as well as under the "hosue" made by egg containers. Some of the containers actually have mold on them too so they were replaced. It is mostly maintence work this week and the interference of male presence will occur next week. Meanwhile, I had to control the amount of food fed to them so to prevent mold growing on the soil and I cannot spray on the food but the soil.

Here's a picture of that fungi mushroom that grew in #8:

I just learned about fungi in my AP Biology class so it was very cool to see one;
I brought it to class and we were all fascinated!

No comments:

Post a Comment