Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cycle 3!


Cycle 3 is the week when baby pill bugs are being born in large numbers. Box #6 shows the most positive results in terms of closeness towards the predicted outcome. What this means is that Box #6 is the box with the longest presence of male (because it has a male all along), and its babies are born the earliest since when I discover babies in Box #6, there aren’t babies in Boxes #5, 7 or 8 yet (they are in one set of experimental trial), which supports the “male effect” exists.  All throughout this week, I am observing the babies growing and I found an interesting factor that even in Box #1 and Box #5 (where it contains female x female, supposedly my negative control group) have babies. So I left it the way it is but still found out that the babies born in Box #6 grew faster and are in bigger size than the new born ones in other boxes, proving that prolonged male existence does have an impact. Next week, cycle 4, I am going to continue observing the appearance of babies and look for babies that will be hatched in Boxes #3, 4, 7 and 8. One more week till experiment is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment